Friday, January 07, 2005

so I'm a housewife

technically, at least. I'm at home most of the day with my son, and I'm a wife. though i'm at home because i run a design company with my husband, and i'm a wife because i fell madly in love... i did not succumb to the greatest fear every female with liberal leanings who was raised in a conservative home secretly denies possessing... that of marrying a man because i saw no other choice.
we eloped. i nearly ran away... as in nearly got on a bus when my soon-to-be life mate was paying for the gas... but fortunately, for once i put aside the familiar urge of running from what was too good to be true and walked with him down the aisle. Well, parking lot, into a garden, but it worked for us.
When you find someone you love, don't push them away. Step out on that shaky limb and let them know you love them. There is nothing more beautiful than finding out that you are loved, even when the person doing the loving has seen you at your worst, or in my case, my most neurotic. I couldn't scare him. I tried, damn it, but it never worked. I'm still trying, just to be sure.
One drawback to marriage... I find it has somewhat lessened my creativity. Or rather, it has lessened the frequency of what I termed creative outbursts which, though I still admire their rawness, I wouldn't want them published for anyone to see. I have developed a suspicion that they weren't really that good.
I think the main drawback to my release on paper is now i have true release, in many senses of that word. I have a captive audience who thinks I'm brilliant. So I tell him all my thoughts, and then have no need to write them down. I think I'm going to write the profound ones down before I tell him so they can be preserved. Why, just now, when I was sitting on my porch... smoking a really nice clove I might add... they're so undependable with the loss of filtered Internationals... I thought of at least five.
However, now that I made my way into the house and sat down to face my screen I find they're lost. There's no telling the wars that might be prevented and the lives that would be forever altered if I could keep my thoughts in my head for a little bit longer...

2 comments:

Bex5x5 said...

I love you, my friend.....you make my heart happy.

audi said...

thank you:)