Tuesday, October 11, 2005

sc

i think i just watched my worlds collide. or at least, i saw memory coincide with present existence. when that happened, the value of my remorse was lessened and i saw only one who i laughed with. you think you left only a mild impression on me, as once again i remained true to pattern and escaped when you became too controlling. you did not realize that you can't leave a mark on me by willing it there. i will defy every attempt to make me bend to fit your perception.

though i realize now that your perception was not your intention, and you tried to keep all of the chips in your pile because you were afraid that if you shared you would lose the game.

did you know that every friend is a gamble? your controlling nature only made me stubborn and foolish. it was your persistance of vision that made me believe the world would not end just because i tried to succeed.

i think the moment i realized that i still had a true friend was when i understood you were not trying to be cruel. you have just always had a really rotten sense of comedic timing, and are too insecure to say the joke when it would have been funny.

here's to the good times and the crazy, cult-ish times. i wouldn't give them up for the world.

and here's to more beautiful days.

1 comment:

Bex5x5 said...

Amen.