Monday, July 31, 2006

knots

you'd think if you're tired of running, you would stop.
i feel as if my insides are tangled
like a necklace that knots itself as you wear it
and as you ponder the knot that occured without tying
you become increasingly agitated when it won't come out.

stupid necklace. never liked the damn thing anyway.

and so here again we are running in circles
lighter and softer, but still the same dance.
i might just remember to pause and consider
if you would remind me, and give me a chance.

tomorrow i'll sit on the windowsill and dip my brush
in the hue that i mixed with colors and water and
hope for a sight that often eludes me, and perhaps
my attempt will turn phrases and rhyme into meaning.

sometimes i feel as if i'm doodling, while the world begins
to end. and yet without craving the light that i'm tasting i see
no reason to breathe.

No comments: