Sunday, April 23, 2006

what i thought

i thought i had lost my way.
i understood myself as a fool
not realizing my failure was to see
only through my own eyes
and hear only the words i chose
to hear.

but i'm standing here right now
knowing that what was once found
was almost broken
seeing that you, who comforted me
as i fled the insane things that
haunted me, could think
to take your life.

how silly of me
to not have seen
how selfish of me
to think i understood
and how pointless of me
to wish i saw sooner.

i would take your choice
everyone's choices
away, if i thought it would
make us safe.

but the one i follow
chose a different way
he chose to make us free.

free to live, or to die
or to live everyday we have
blind

i would have done it differently
but then love could not be
a reality, for what is love
if it is what i was made to be?

i'm glad you failed.

1 comment:

Bex5x5 said...

very nicely done.