Sunday, June 19, 2005

deep

some are shallow.
some can roll with the waves, take it on the chin,
and still
look unruffled.
i am not as these.

i am too volatile, too much
to process life and keep
my cool.

but do i care?
does the infuriating right
make a wrong?

can i let it go without getting another

callous

see, there's my fear.
i took so long to let go
of the hardness

the coldness

inside me.


i'm afraid that too much hurt
will make me
want to
run away
and
i'll follow my
selfish desire.
the need to control

to contain
the inability
to walk
when the driving rain
is in my eyes

guilt blinds me.

fear binds me.
how does peace find me?

where is the safety

when all i want to do
is close my eyes and hide
until
it's over.
but i won't.
i'll face it again, and stare fear in the face
i only hope
i don't succumb
to previous addictions.

to see is to do
in my head
but that is not truth.

to know is to carry
in my world
but that tears me too.

to let go, and not concern myself
when in truth it is mine
is a virtue i only experience by
accident
and as soon as i feel it, it's gone.

please don't let the lost ones suffer.

if i can't defend them
at least promise me that.

2 comments:

HangingUpsideDown said...

Audi, that was so beautifuly said. You spoke every thought that seems to be raging through my head these last few days. My heart and mind are racing one another with the same questions. Its funny how we seem to always be taking the same path. Sometimes are questions or trials are on the same day, and other times they are months apart. But no matter when they happen, its nice to know that Jesus provided me a friend for the long ride.

audi said...

glad i could be there while god used you to teach me how to be a friend