Saturday, June 25, 2005

fractions

i found another piece of myself i had lost today.
it was hidden in plain sight, next to
my pride, on the bookshelf. i took the lost piece
and placed it where it belongs. i'm always losing
things i thought were in a safe place, like the time
i found my glasses on my face but had spent the entire
time i was looking thinking i was blind.

can you help me remember to look for all i've
lost? i doubt it's truly hidden. like that one time
i put the lettuce in the freezer and the milk
in the cabinet... i think i just need to remember
to not forget.

the great curse of being a strong person is
thinking that you're strong. why, just the other
day i spent the entire time i was with you
thinking i was right, and yet i forgot that i
really just wanted to have breakfast with you,
which has nothing to do with being correct.

how silly was that?

2 comments:

Sageish said...

this is why I love you so freakin much!

Tavius said...

this IS why he loves u so much? wow thought is was all the married carnal er i mean sacred union.

beautiful blog. just found it again.
will be back soon.