Wednesday, February 08, 2006

door

here comes the next thing
as the dust settles from the wave of change
i think somewhere my heart was torn
the indecision changed my way of life
and the things of then can be no more.

i miss the yesterdays
i miss the way things used to be
but that was so long ago
there's a new life to build now.
a new life to give now.

i cannot be my father
who could not admit the truth
i cannot be my mother
who can't see depth behind the mirror

i cannot even be you.
you would have me torn and empty
you would take away the things i've seen
one by one, i'd lose my memories
and then all that's left would be young.

though innocense is tempting
i cannot deny what i have witnessed
i cannot deny the blood that i've shed
so i will build the temple.

i will be the one who remembers.
and when i'm done, you'll take me home.
it's a long road that stretches before me
so when i'm lost, pleast take me home.

No comments: